Did this for Gaga a little while ago, but today is my other queen- Taylor Swift. I am literally OBSESSED with her new music right now, but here are my top 10 Taylor songs of all time:
10. Look what you made me do- OK OK I know this is a controversial choice as so many people didn’t like it. BUT I LOVE THIS SONG. I love that this was her comeback, her fuck you to Kanye West and her rebirthing as an artist. I cannot wait for the full album.
Best Line: “The old Taylor can’t come to the phone right now. Why? Oh she’s dead”
9. Fearless- One of her classics, I think the lyrics, the music and the gorgeous beat of this put a young-artist a cut above the rest.
Best Line: “In a storm in my best dress, fearless’
8. Blank Space- She makes fun of her own media portrayal as a man-eater, proving that Taylor can not only write a brilliant tune, but she’s also got a damn-good sense of humour.
Best Line: “Got a long list of ex-lovers, they’ll tell you i’m insane”
7. I knew you were trouble- Red is probably my least favourite album, but this song (directed at Harry Styles) has that absolute ‘must-sing-along factor’- plus if you haven’t screamed the lines in a club, what are you doing??
Best Line: “I knew you were trouble when you walked in. So shame on me now”
6. Mine- This one just reminds me so much of Luke and finally being happy with someone. It’s such a cute, loving song- right back at her country roots.
Best Line: “You made a rebel of a careless man’s careful daughter”
5. Mean- Idk man, this one is just like a bit of a fuck you to anyone who ever beat you down. I love this uplifting country tune. It’s not quite as brutal as ‘look what you made me do’, but definitely gives her critics something to think about.
Best Line: “Someday i’ll be living in a big old city and all you’re ever gonna be is mean.”
4. 22- I turned 23 this year and I literally was so bummed that I couldn’t dance around in my pants to this absolute classic anymore. (I’M OLD WAH)
Best Line: “We’ll just keep dancing like we’re 22”
3. New Romantics- Although this was a bonus track on 1989, I think it’s legit one of her best songs. It oozes 80’s beats, it’s so catchy and fully-underrated.
Best line: “Heartbreak is the national anthem — we sing it proudly,”
2. Wildest Dreams- I adore the mellow beat of this song, how reminiscent of a Lana Del Ray song it is and how powerful the lyrics are.
Best Line: “Say you’ll remember me, standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset”
1. You belong with me- Sorry but if you don’t think this is the best Taylor song you are 100% wrong. Her most defining song, her classic teenage anxst. I think I relate to this so much as well because i’ve never been the coolest kid and a little misunderstood. Also who doesn’t love a happy ending?
Best Line: “She wears high heels, I wear sneakers
She’s cheer captain and I’m on the bleachers.”